If you are or have been a member of the Stratpol, have contacted us via email, participated in one or more of our events, subscribed to our newsletter or visited our website, that means you will have entrusted us with some of your personal data.
This document answers any questions you may have about who we are, how we process and protect your personal data, and what your rights are in relation to the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who is Stratpol?
Stratpol – Strategic Policy Institute, Reg. no. 50 315 757, is listed under OVVS-48642/489/2016-NO in the at the District Office of Bratislava. The Stratpol head office is located at Štúrova 3, 81102 Bratislava, Slovak Republic. If you have provided Stratpol with any personal data, then we are the processor of that data. We are therefore responsible for processing and protecting that data.
Your personal data is processed in accordance with the relevant legislation of the Slovak Republic and the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You can contact us regarding the processing of your personal data by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Stratpol – Strategic Policy Institute, Štúrova 3, 81102 Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
When and how do we process your personal data?
Your personal data are processed from the moment we receive them. This applies particularly when you:
- become a member of Stratpol
- attend an event organized by Stratpol
- subscribe to our newsletter
- contact us via email
- visit our website
- enter into a contract with us
In most cases, we process your first name, surname and email address. In the case of our newsletter, we also process your affiliation, country and IP address. In some cases, we also process your phone number and address and/or other personal or business contact information. This is data generally obtained through mutual communication.
If we have a contractual relationship with you, we process your personal data to the extent specified in the relevant agreement.
Why do we process your personal data?
- So we can inform you about our activities, planned and past events, new publications and send email communications (invitations and newsletters).
- So we can process event registrations and create the necessary documentation (attendance lists) in order to comply with the rules on publically funded events / projects.
- So we can manage our website and social media accounts to enable the most relevant content to be viewed, based on data testing and analysis.
- So we can fulfil the contract if you are in a contractual relationship with us.
How long do we process your personal data for?
We process your personal data for as long as necessary depending on the purpose of the processing, and until you ask us to delete them.
Securing and protecting your personal data
We protect as fully as we can any of your personal data that we have at our disposal, in order to prevent leaks, misuse or damage. Files that contain personal data are password protected and accessed by a limited number of Stratpol staff and co-workers trained in data handling.
Provision of personal data to third parties
In order to manage registrations for events and mass email communications, we use the designated services of other companies. These are intermediaries and they may come into contact with your personal data. They are professional companies that protect personal data to the highest level. These companies are: Google.
You have the following rights regarding the protection of your personal data: you can
- ask us to delete any of your personal data that we process. Upon receiving such a request, we will delete all your personal data contained in the databases that we and our processors operate. We will do so within 30 working days of receiving your request.
- ask us to correct any personal data we process that is incorrect, any personal data is no longer up to date.
- limit the scope or purposes for which your personal data are processed.
- ask us to access your personal data. Within 30 working days, we will provide you with the details of the data we process.
- opt-out of your personal data being processed for purposes of legitimate interest and for the purposes of direct marketing.
- revoke consent for your personal data to be processed. Once we receive your request, we will not process your personal data any further. Revoking consent has no bearing on the legality of the data processing undertaken before consent was revoked.
- file a complaint regarding any illegal processing of your personal data. You can make a complaint to us at any time, or you can complain to the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or by post to Stratpol – Strategic Policy Institute, Štúrova 3, 81102 Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
Please be aware that before we can provide you with any data in this regard, we may ask you for additional information and data to verify your identity.
Office for Personal Data Protection
If you feel that we are not handling your personal data in compliance with the law, you can contact the Office for Personal Data Protection and make a complaint. However, we would encourage you to turn to us first, and we will be happy to resolve any shortcomings.
We assure you that all our staff and co-workers who come into contact with your personal data are instructed on how to handle personal data in order to ensure maximum protection and are bound by the confidentiality of the personal data. This continues once our relationship comes to an end. Apart from our staff, co-workers and intermediaries, no third party has access to your personal data.
This statement regarding the processing and protection of personal data is valid from 25 May 2018.