Due to the spread of COVID-19 in Europe, the associated restrictions in movement and travel, and to ensure the health and safety of all participants, we have decided to POSTPONE this program. The training will take place as soon as the circumstances allow us to safely organise it. Please check this page and our Facebook page for updated information. Thank you for understanding.
The program is designed to build skills in conflict and peace journalism, mechanisms of conflict and conflict analysis, multimedia content production, practical cybersecurity, conflict psychology, and other necessary skills. It will provide an excellent networking and partnership building opportunity while giving participants a chance for practical application of the newly acquired skills. It will take place in Pezinok, Slovakia in the beautiful Little Carpathian Mountains.
Training dates: TBD
Venue: Pezinok, Slovakia
Deadline for applications: TBD
Cost: 190€ (we offer a limited number of full scholarships for exceptional applicants)
This program is supported by the International Visegrad Fund and the Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation – a Project of the German Marshall Fund of the United States.
- Nationals of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Slovakia, and Ukraine
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- Proven ability to understand and communicate in English (Common Reference Level B2 or higher)
- Proven interest in journalism (ideally demonstrated by published content)
- Ability to commit for the full length of the training
What is included:
- 10-day training
- transportation to and from Pezinok
- accommodation and full board for the duration of the training
- stipend for a follow-up internship in established media outlets (for selected participants)
- financial contribution to independent media project (for selected participants)
The application must include:
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages in PDF)
- Up to three examples of your work
- Motivation to participate in the program